Friday, September 26, 2008

Introduction

Dear family, friends, and visitors,

I started a blog today. I was inspired by my father, who is writing his memoirs, and my friend Sarah, who is a fearless blogger (suburanrage.blogspot.com), to use this medium to write down some of my thoughts and memories and share them with others.

Reading my father's memoirs (pronounced with an exaggerated French accent, as he always does), I realized how interesting a person's memories can be when they are written as well as he writes. And reading Sarah's blog always feels like she's written a letter just to me, the way people used to write letters in the old days, filled with humor, real thoughts and insight into day-to-day life. I wish I could write letters like that, filled with thoughts and shared memories, to every one of my friends and family every week, but of course I can't seem to find the time.

So, I want to bring those two inspirations together, and use this new technology to spur me to take the time write some letters. The letters start here where I stand, at the intersection of work, life, and two families that have come together to span two countries, four states, and four generations. I'd love to have you visit.

Love always,
Christina

No comments: