Friday, April 10, 2009

Finding Nemo

I have a question: is it bad to use your kids to gamble?  

The reason I ask is that I think Troy is psychic, and I want to make him pick Lottery numbers for me.  How do I know he's psychic?  Last Friday night, on the way to the pet store to pick out a hamster (for his birthday), I suggested he should think about some possible names.  After only a moment's thought he announced he had decided on "Nemo" (from the Pixar movie "Finding Nemo," which we've watched repeatedly).

Nemo is a perfectly nice Golden Hamster with a twitchy nose and beady black eyes -- and an amazing ability to get out of his cage.  Every morning we come downstairs in a state of anticipation, wondering where he will be.  Being quite clever, it only took us a few days to start adding security to the several little doors on his cage.  Apparently, hamsters are quite clever, too, or at least persistent, and rubber bands and tape have so far not deterred him.  

So what I want to know is: how did Troy know we would be spending every morning FINDING NEMO?!? I'm going to go pick up some Lottery tickets.  

No comments: